The Namekagon Barrens Wildlife Area (NBWA) is located 14 miles west of Minong, Wisconsin and 20 miles north and east of Danbury, Wisconsin. Please be aware that some of the roads in and around the NBWA are not paved and can be rutted or in rough shape. In some winters only St. Croix Trail is plowed.
Search for the FNBWA cabin address in your map browser: 33174 Gomulak Fire Lane, Danbury, WI
The GPS coordinates for the cabin are 46.112605 -92.069099.
The North Unit lies north, south and west of the FNBWA cabin at 33174 Gomulak Fire Lane. Using the cabin address in a map browser should show a direct route.
The GPS coordinates for the North Unit are: 46.114500, -92.082278
The South Unit is located south and west of the Namekagon Trail Canoe Landing (on the Namekagon River) along Namekagon Trail and Springbrook Trail. Search for “Namekagon Trail Canoe Landing” and then pan the map south and west.
The GPS coordinates for the south unit are: 46.074850, -92.130213.
From Danbury, WI:
- Hwy 35 to Hwy 77 and east on Hwy 77 to Namekagon Rd 13.6 miles
- Turn left or north on to Namekagon Trail Rd and cross the Namekagon river and up Namekagon Trail Rd to St. Croix Trail 5.9 miles
- Turn Right on St. Croix Trail and 2 miles to Gomulak Fire Lane
- There make a short right turn and a few more feet turn left through an orange gate and enter there to the Cabin at 33174 Gomulak Fire Lane
From Minong, WI:
- Take Highway 77 west for 1 mile
- Go north (right) on County Road I for approximately 0.8 miles
- Turn west (left) on Nancy Lake Road and go approximately 9.7 miles.
- Turn north (right) on County Line Road and go 1 mile.
- Turn west (left) on St. Croix Trail 1 mile.
- There make a short left at Gomulak Fire Lane, go few more feet and turn left through an orange gate and enter there to the Cabin at 33174 Gomulak Fire Lane
Northwest Sands Ecological Landscape Map
Map of Key Northwest Wisconsin Properties Managed for Barrens
Map of Priority Conservation Opportunities Areas for Wildlife Species of Greatest Conservation Need