April 1st to May 31st is when people can view the annual dance of the sharp-tailed grouse. Viewing blinds are available to watch the show.
2021 Field Trips. We will likely plan similar ones on similar dates in 2022.
Natural Resource Foundation (NRF) Field Trips:
(register through the NRF website)
- Birding – Saturday, May 22
- Bog walk – Saturday, June 12, 2021
Annual Blueberries on the Barrens Celebration – Saturday, July 17
Friends of the Namekagon Barrens Hikes and Tours:
- Lupines on the South Unit – Saturday, June 5
- Wildflowers – Saturday, July 10
- Blueberry walk – Wednesday, July 14
- Plant survey – Saturday, July 31
- Sharp-tails and Bird Dogs – Wednesday, August 19
- Spring Cabin and Barrens Clean-up Day – Saturday, May 15
- Fall Cabin and Barrens Clean-up Day – Saturday, Sept. 18
The Namekagon Barrens Wildlife Area Cabin is located at 33174 Gomulak Fire Lane ~14 miles west of Minong, Wisconsin.